Saturday, October 22, 2011, 10-12 am
Saint James The Less Church, Hunter Park Avenue and Clearfield Str, Cost $15.00.
Rain or shine Professional tour guides and East Falls residents, Ken Hinde and Ellen Prantl-Bartlett will discuss the beautiful Gothic architecture, famous stained glass windows and the history of the church completed in 1850. The church is almost an exact replica of St. Michael’s Church, Longstation, England, built in 1230. The Wanamaker Bell Tower was built in 1908 by Rodman Wanamaker in memory of his brother, Thomas. See the graves of Philadelphia’s elite in the peaceful cemetery. The Headmaster of the school, David Kosievial, will be our guide for our tour of the the school whose curriculum is based on classical education. Parking is available on the street. Refreshments will be served. Members – $15.00, Non-members – $20.00. For further information contact Ellen Sheehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-848-8396.